1.) Briefly describe what kinds of projects you would like to do for the remainder of this
semester. Find at least one example of the type of project online, and write about it
on your blog.
- Example 1: a tee shirt design using stencils and home-made airbrush
- Example 2: Plastic bag art (see example from class)
- Example 3: Sand-casting (bas relief or full sculpture)
(“Use What You Got”).
2.) Type up a brief biographical explanation of your Mask project in either Microsoft
Word, or in the body of an email, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, for a display we
will be putting in the SCT office and/or the Library. Include:
- Country of Origin (or Continent of Origin, from your research)
- Photograph downloaded and saved in your dropbox, including the URL (web address), of where
- you got the image
- One interesting fact about the country/continent of origin that relates to the original mask you modeled your mask from (What was the purpose or function of the mask? Was it merely decoration? Was it used in some form of tribal ceremony? Was it used in some form of theatrical performance? Etc.)
- What significant thing did you learn from the project (whether you liked it or not).
- What surprised you about the project
- Art Auction of your projects?
- Tee Shirt design sales (online and in a crafts fair environment)
- Bumper stickers / Vinyl designs or decals for automobile windows
- Collaborative Comics (I'll explain this concept later). Example of one, and another, and a few more...
- Art Book with samples and ads (like Media All-Stars -- show example) to promote the Arts in high school